Peanut Gallery

Friday, October 20, 2006

Moments...

This week has been a rather challenging week as far as parenting is concerned. Jacob is generally a very happy, laid-back baby, but he has had several days of non-stop crying! He cried when I wanted to feed him - as if I was trying to feed him fire, he cried when I held him, he cried when I didn't hold him, he cried when I changed his diaper, essentially he was not a happy baby.

Just when I kept thinking to myself that I couldn't take any more crying or else I would break down into tears myself, Jacob would suddenly stop crying and start smiling. He would begin to talk with me, smile, and laugh. It was those moments that warmed my heart and kept me going. I was able to (semi) make it through the rough days because he would give me those few tender moments.

Jacob and I also have similar moments when he takes a break from eating, looks up at me with those big eyes of his, and gets a huge smile across his face. He generally begins to coo and gurgle, too. It is those moments that I want to last forever. I want time to stop, with Jacob in my arms, smiling at me, talking with me, his hand wrapped around my thumb. I wish everyone could feel the immense love I have for my child, especially at those moments.

Those are the moments that make parenting worth every minute of it. Those moments are the ones that I will cherish and treasure for a lifetime. Those moments are so simple, yet mean so much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home