Peanut Gallery

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Traveling

Bright and early Monday morning the Walker family will embark on a new adventure - we are traveling to Tucson, Arizona. Ryan has a business trip to Tucson and thought it would be nice to bring Jacob and me along with him for a mini-vacation. I'm looking forward to relaxing and just getting away.

You may recall a previous entry from before Jacob was born where I stressed out about traveling with a baby. Well, it has all come back! We leave Monday and come back Friday morning, but I have all kinds of questions and uncertainties... how many outfits do I pack for Jacob? Some days he only goes through 2 outfits and others he goes through 4 of more! How many diapers should I bring? We won't be close to a store, so it won't be easy to just run out and get some more. How will we manage without all of our essential baby gear - changing table, vibrating chair, etc.? How about our sleeping arrangements... Ryan will have to go to meetings during the day and needs his rest at night, so how is he going to sleep at night if I'm feeding Jacob? (If you don't know why that is a problem, then you haven't had the pleasure of hearing Jacob eat - he is so loud! He already has a reputation with our families and friends for being such a noisy little boy)

Then, there are all the questions about flying... what's it going to be like changing Jacob's diaper on a plane? Will he cry on the plane or be a happy baby? What will we do if we can't soothe his cries? Will our car seat and stroller get beat up and destroyed in transit or will they actually still be recognizable when we arrive at our destination?

I could keep going, but I'll spare you. :) I'll let you know how it goes. See you in a week!

Wish us luck!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home