Peanut Gallery

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tucson

The Walker Family survived the first trip away from home! Ryan and I were a little worried about taking Jacob on a plane for the first time, but he was a little angel. Unless you actually saw Jacob, you wouldn't have known there was a baby on board.

Traveling with a baby is so different than traveling with adults. First, the packing issue - Jacob's stuff took up so much space with all the diapers, burp cloths, blankets, clothes, etc. We ended up taking one big suitcase, one small bag, a car seat with the base, Ryan's briefcase, and Jacob's diaper bag. We had so much stuff that we had to leave the stroller behind for fear that we wouldn't be able to get all of our stuff in the trunk of the rental car along with one other person's suitcase too! Then, just getting through the parking lot, security, and getting to the car rental place with all the stuff became a huge ordeal. Luckily Jacob was fairly content during all of this so we didn't have to deal with a screaming baby. I must say, however, that being able to preboard is very nice.

Once we arrived in Tucson, Ryan had to go off to his meetings. Jacob and I spent the days going to the pool, taking naps, reading, and hanging out in the room with air conditioning. I must say that the trip forced me to relax - there was nothing for me to do other than be with my baby.
The last two nights we were in Tucson we experienced torrential rain! The day was warm and sunny, then in a matter of minutes, the clouds would come overhead and the rain would commence. The wind was so strong that the rain was hitting the ground sideways. Jacob and I sat out on the balcony watching the rain and the lightning on the horizon. It was so awesome! We would also sit on the balcony and watch the beautiful desert sunsets.

Here we are hanging out by the pool. The bugs had a feast with me. Thankfully, they didn't bother Jacob.

The Westward Look Resort was very beautiful and scenic. Jacob and I took lots of walks around the resort and the trails around it. I loved seeing all the saguaros(pictured above), different types of cactus, and all of the wildlife - birds, lizards, mice, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home