Peanut Gallery

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Night out!

Ryan and I went on our first official date since Jacob was born. Last Saturday we asked Arlene, Ryan's mom, to come over and stay with Jacob while we went out. Being the wonderful grandmother that she is, she quickly agreed and happily spent the evening with her newest (and favorite :) ) grandson.

Ryan wanted to go to the movies and see "The Pirates of the Caribbean," but the movie times were too late. Also, as a new mom, I knew that if we went to a late showing of the movie, I would have definitely fallen asleep. Who wants to pay 10 bucks to fall asleep for a few hours?! So, we went out for dinner and a beer instead.

I spent about the first 45 minutes thinking about Jacob. Was he crying? Would Arlene know how to soothe him? Did he miss us? What if he didn't eat from the bottle with Arlene - would he starve? You know, all the crazy new mom paranoia stuff. However, once our beers showed up and I took a few sips, I managed to relax and really enjoy myself. Ryan and I had a great time just talking and joking around without having to be listening for Jacob or taking care of him. It felt normal - our life was like that a few months ago - yet strange since we hadn't been away from Jacob yet.

Ryan and I were probably gone for about 3 hours. We had a blast and Jacob was a little angel for his grandma. I think next time we leave Jacob it will be a lot easier. Although, the next time will be for the majority of the afternoon and night since Ryan and I will be going to a wedding in Tijuana. I hope we can manage being away from him for so long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home