Peanut Gallery

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Busy week

Jacob and I have had a very busy week! Since Jacob was now over 6 weeks old, I had the go ahead from my doctor to start resuming my normal activities. I was very much looking forward to getting back into an exercise routine, so I signed up for some classes at Mary Birch. Here is a break down of our week:

Monday: We went to the Breastfeeding support group, then went out to lunch with another mommy and baby from the group (the other baby is one day older than Jacob). We had a great time, especially since the babies slept the whole time. After that, Jacob and I did a bunch of errands. We were both exhausted by the end of the day! That night, Tita dropped off Jacob's new stroller and we had dinner at the house with both Tita and Abuelito.

Tuesday: Jacob and I went to our first mommy and me yoga class. It was great to be able to stretch again! Jacob seemed to enjoy the little massage he received and was overall content.

Wednesday: We joined a group of women from Mary Birch who meet at Mission Bay to go for walks on Wednesdays. Jacob tried out his stroller for the first time and loved it. We walked about 3 miles and stopped along the way to go some exercises and stretches. I could tell that I was a little sore from the previous day. The day was slightly overcast, but absolutely perfect for walking, and there weren't any people around. That afternoon, Tia Alvet came over for lunch and hung out with Jacob for a bit.

Thursday: I woke up really sore! However, we still went to our first mommy and me aerobics class at Mary Birch. I could really feel all of my muscles with every step. I really liked the way the babies were incorporated into the work out as our weights. Jacob had a great time being jiggled and bounced around for an hour and a half. After three days of workouts, both Jacob and I went home and crashed.

Friday: We went to our breastfeeding support group and talked with all the other mommies and babies. In the afternoon, Tita took Jacob and I to the zoo. We walked around for over 4 hours and looked at all the animals. Jacob lived being in his stroller, looking around and napping. He can't quite appreciate the animals yet, but we had a great time anyway.

Here are a few pictures from our afternoon at the zoo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home