Peanut Gallery

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Taking the heat

I can't believe how warm it has been lately! As you may know, pregnant women get hot, even if it is cold outside, we may still be sweating and dying of heat-stroke. Add into the mix 85+ degree temperature and I am just completely melting!!! My feet feel like they are going to explode. During the day, I can't wait to get into my car so that I can crank up the AC and point ALL of the vents at me - you have no idea how wonderful that feels!

I thought that I was lucky to be giving birth in mid-July because I would miss out on all of the hot weather, with the May Grey and the June Gloom, but I guess Mother Nature decided to play a mean trick on me. I just hope that June doesn't turn out to be a record breaking month for high temperatures. I can't even imagine what I'll feel like in July if that's the case.

Ryan and I have totally switched roles, he is usually wanting to sleep with the window open and the fan on low, but I'm cold so I turn the fan off and just slightly vent a window. Now though, I want the fan on high speed and the window WIDE OPEN... he's the one complaining that it is too cool at night and I am literally burning up - seriously, I think my skin can combust into flames at any moment! :)

Stay cool,
Bere

4 Comments:

  • Bere, you make me laugh...please don't you go up in flames just yet! You are sooo close. I just read your entries and wanted to say happy aniversary to you guys...how awesome!
    Anyways, take good care of each other and baby nut.
    xoxo,
    Vi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/10/2006 9:45 AM  

  • I was lucky, giving birth in January both times! I never felt that on fire sensation. Oh wait, I do remember the "Ring of Fire" during labor.You could only imagine what it is referring to. Have you heard about that? I totally felt it, my epidural did not work with Trasan. Good luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/11/2006 6:43 AM  

  • I was lucky, giving birth in January both times! I never felt that on fire sensation. Oh wait, I do remember the "Ring of Fire" during labor.You could only imagine what it is referring to. Have you heard about that? I totally felt it, my epidural did not work with Trasan. Good luck. Love, Sandra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/11/2006 6:44 AM  

  • oops sorry. Sandra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/11/2006 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home