Peanut Gallery

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Safari fever

We are officially at the 28 week mark. Time is going by so quickly!

The good news is that I am feeling healthy again. I still have a lingering cough, but overall I am better. Ryan and I have been busily trying to get things done around the house to get ready for Baby. We are hoping to get our landscaping started and the house painted within the next week or so. We are going to be hiring people to help us out with that - we are just running out of time! :)

As I was searching for some stuff on the internet I found a picture of the crib bedding that my mom bought for our little Peanut. I fell in love with the bedding when I first layed my eyes on it. I liked it so much that my mom and I bought it without having Ryan even see it! Thankfully, he really liked it too. Isn't it adorable?!What I really like about the quilt is that it is 3-D; the monkey has a furry body and the zebra's mane is made with yarn.

I've always thought safari/jungle nurseries were so cute. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do with the walls, but it will be a safari theme. I can't wait to get the nursery all set up!!!

See ya!

1 Comments:

  • Glad you are feeling better and I love the safari theme too. It is how we did Trasan's big boy room here in Indiana. He loves it and can't imagine anything else. It is a great theme for decorating too! I should email some photos of what we did for his room. The crib bedding is adorable and I am sure for the first few months you will worry so much about that fluffy material and yarn on the bedding you will proudly display it on the wall and not have it in the crib. I still don't put the fancy bedding on Sierra at night. It is so big, I worry if she gets it on her head she may have trouble taking it off.

    One night I woke up to small noises, and saw Trasan at about 3 months with all the blankets all over his face. He was squirming and swinging his little arms unsuccessfully! I panicked. Never again did I use anything thick or heavy. It was a mom's worst nightmare. If he was cold, it was just layers upon layers (we weren't in SD then, we were on a vacation to Indiana and the room we slept in was cold, so I was so worried and covered him well.....maybe too well). All I thought was, "What if I didn't hear those noises?" You will be amazed at how strong your senses become. I would say first your hearing and then your sense of smell (for all those poopy diapers) improve greatly. You will know that smell from across the room, while Ryan can be holding him and not have a clue =). Enjoy each day, they are so precious and go faster than I could have ever imagined!!! You will just love it!!!!!! Congrats again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2006 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home