Checking in
I haven't posted in a while because nothing note-worthy has happened lately. I guess I shouldn't be complaining about that, right?
Ryan and I did finally get out and registered for our baby stuff. I knew that there is a lot about babies that I didn't now, but it wasn't until we walked into Babies "r" Us and Target that I realized just how much I didn't know. I'm sure that I will keep feeling that way as I raise our peanut, but still, its scary! Babies just require so much stuff.
I keep asking my friends with kids if they really use things such as bouncy seats, wipe warmers, and "bugger suckers" and I always get a unanimous YES! Registering for a baby whom we don't know is so hard since we have no idea what he is going to like and not like. One friend will say, "my kid LOVED [fill in product], then another will say "my kid couldn't stand [fill in same product as above]. I guess it's a hit-or-miss with these kids.
What was really fun was trying out all the different products. (It's up to you to figure out if I'm being sarcastic or not ;> ) Ryan and I spent over an hour trying to decide what car seat we wanted - we kept going back and forth between 3 of them. When we were almost finally decided, another couple next to us said that the buckle was horrible and their friend who bought that car seat ended up getting another one because it was so hard to buckle. Of course, the buckle was what we were unsure about, so that made us decide against that car seat - but only after we had spent a bunch of time on it. I guess it's good to know that before we registered for it instead of hating it and having to go buy another one!
Ok, enough about registering... it's not that entertaining; but you know me, I can ramble on about anything!
Take care,
Bere
Ryan and I did finally get out and registered for our baby stuff. I knew that there is a lot about babies that I didn't now, but it wasn't until we walked into Babies "r" Us and Target that I realized just how much I didn't know. I'm sure that I will keep feeling that way as I raise our peanut, but still, its scary! Babies just require so much stuff.
I keep asking my friends with kids if they really use things such as bouncy seats, wipe warmers, and "bugger suckers" and I always get a unanimous YES! Registering for a baby whom we don't know is so hard since we have no idea what he is going to like and not like. One friend will say, "my kid LOVED [fill in product], then another will say "my kid couldn't stand [fill in same product as above]. I guess it's a hit-or-miss with these kids.
What was really fun was trying out all the different products. (It's up to you to figure out if I'm being sarcastic or not ;> ) Ryan and I spent over an hour trying to decide what car seat we wanted - we kept going back and forth between 3 of them. When we were almost finally decided, another couple next to us said that the buckle was horrible and their friend who bought that car seat ended up getting another one because it was so hard to buckle. Of course, the buckle was what we were unsure about, so that made us decide against that car seat - but only after we had spent a bunch of time on it. I guess it's good to know that before we registered for it instead of hating it and having to go buy another one!
Ok, enough about registering... it's not that entertaining; but you know me, I can ramble on about anything!
Take care,
Bere

1 Comments:
Been there, done that! We took about an hour choosing our stroller system. Fun, fun fun. =) Sandra
By
Anonymous, at 6/11/2006 6:48 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home