Life with an independent toddler...
is super exhausting! I feel like I spend 90% of my day simply trying to convince Jacob to do what I need him to do without throwing a fit. Here's an example right before dinner when I finally just had to throw my hands up in the air and start laughing:
[This is all said in Spanish, but translated for your reading pleasure :)]
Me: Let's wash your hands before you eat - they are filthy!
Jacob: No!
Me: Ok, no. That's fine... (reverse psychology generally works with him)
Jacob: Mamiiiii!!! Wash my haaaands!
Me: (as we begin to wash his hands) Let's take off your jacket so it doesn't get wet.
Jacob: NO!
Me: Ok, whatever you want. Keep your jacket on.
Jacob: Off! Jacket, off! (as I start to unzip his jacket) No! Jacket on. No off jacket!
Me: (as the crazy laugh starts gurgling in my throat) Fine. Keep your jacket on.
Jacob: Off jacket! Off jacket! Off jacket! Maaaammmiii, off jacket!!!
Me: (the crazy laugh has escaped) Why? Please tell me why me!!! Ahhhh!!!
Don't worry, I'm better now - Jacob is in bed and I don't have to convince him to do anything for 11 blissful hours!
[This is all said in Spanish, but translated for your reading pleasure :)]
Me: Let's wash your hands before you eat - they are filthy!
Jacob: No!
Me: Ok, no. That's fine... (reverse psychology generally works with him)
Jacob: Mamiiiii!!! Wash my haaaands!
Me: (as we begin to wash his hands) Let's take off your jacket so it doesn't get wet.
Jacob: NO!
Me: Ok, whatever you want. Keep your jacket on.
Jacob: Off! Jacket, off! (as I start to unzip his jacket) No! Jacket on. No off jacket!
Me: (as the crazy laugh starts gurgling in my throat) Fine. Keep your jacket on.
Jacob: Off jacket! Off jacket! Off jacket! Maaaammmiii, off jacket!!!
Me: (the crazy laugh has escaped) Why? Please tell me why me!!! Ahhhh!!!
Don't worry, I'm better now - Jacob is in bed and I don't have to convince him to do anything for 11 blissful hours!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home