Peanut Gallery

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A boy left to his own devices - Part deux

After beaming full of pride over Jacob's creation the other day while I was taking a shower, he then showed me the other side of the coin. Over the weekend while I was in the shower, Jacob TP'd our house. Yup, at the mere age of 2 he can already put a check next to "TP'd a house" off his life experiences list.

Ok, so it wasn't that bad... here's what happened. I jumped into the shower and both Jacob and Ethan were playing in the bathroom. Jacob was throwing around the roll of toilet paper, which I asked him to put back in its place, but since he is 2 he has very selective hearing. He again disappeared from the bathroom, to which I was relieved about since he was no longer torturing his little brother (it's no wonder why Ethan is so tough at such an early age!). I got out of the shower and went to find Jacob since he was being so quiet. He was in the living room playing with his cars. His cars were driving on the road he constructed, out of toilet paper.

He managed to string the toilet paper across the couch, onto the end table, to the toy shelves, onto his table, the side chair, into the office chair, back to the living room onto the speakers and onto the ottoman. If you know how our house is laid out, you'll realize that he made a big circle across our living room and into the next room! He was so proud of the road he made for his cars.

I didn't take a picture since I didn't want to condone his behavior, but now I wish I had. The kid was able to string all that toilet paper with only one break in it - how did he do it? It was very hard for me not to laugh when I saw what he did, but I did manage to tell him it was not ok - not sure how convincing it was since I was stifling my laugh though.

There's never a dull moment with kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home