Peanut Gallery

Friday, May 01, 2009

A boy left to his own devices...

Normally when I get into the shower, I make sure that both boys are occupied for a few minutes. Don't worry, they aren't normally in the same room together - Ethan is usually asleep and Jacob is watching TV or playing. Yesterday however, Jacob was following me around and was not content with being left alone while I took a shower, so the TV was not on. He was withering around on the bathroom floor for a bit then he *poof* disappeared from the bathroom and was very quiet. Since I am in the shower, I get a feeling of dread... what is he doing? Could he be getting into trouble? Could he be harming himself? What in the world is he up to!?


As soon as I turn the water off, I hear Jacob running across the house and he barges into the bathroom "MAMI!!! LOOK!!!" as he points in the direction of the livingroom. He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the bathroom, through the hall, and into the livingroom. My feeling of dread only worsens. Last time he was this excited about something while I wasn't watching he had colored all the glass on the picture frames with his crayons.

We turn the corner into the livingroom and I brace for impact... through squinted eyes I survey the room... wait, nothing looks out of the ordinary...

"Ta-da! Mami! Look!"

This is what I saw:
He build a road and houses for his little car! How sweet is that! He was so excited to show me his architectual marvel - which was much more intricite than his normal block building adventures. I was so proud of him (and releaved that he didn't do anything he wasn't supposed to, and feeling a little guilty for excpecting the worst).

Jacob made me take a picture of his car too:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home