Peanut Gallery

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Walkers at the beach


This past weekend was smoking hot - so on Sunday we decided to skip out on our responsibilities and go to the beach instead. This was the first time Ethan had a real beach trip - and he loved it! He ate about a pound of sand, but he loved playing in the water. Every time I set him down on the blanket, he would beeline it to the sand, stick his hands into it, and then put handfuls of sand into his mouth. I had to be on him like a hawk. Thankfully, it didn't seem like sand did any damage to him.

After a while, Jacob and Ryan went for a walk. I decided to take Ethan over to the water to wash his hands off. I thought he would resist the water since it is a bit chilly, but he took to it like a little fish. Once Jacob and Ryan caught up with us again, we all played in the shallow water coming onto the beach. Ethan would charge the waves as they were coming toward him - completely fearless. Both Ryan and I were in awe of him - as were other people around us. Ryan kept saying, "He's our tank!" and I think he is right. We all had a great time!

Here is a video of the boys playing in the water:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home