No longer Jacob, now he's Mr. No-No!
I had the perfect example yesterday at how much "No!" is a knee-jerk reaction with Jacob.
Yesterday, I went through the normal naptime routine of giving a 5 minute warning, then the 2 minute warning, then I went to Jacob's room to close the blinds and get his room situated for naptime. Before I went into Jacob's room I told him it was time to go rest (descansar) to which he normally says "no" then runs from me. However, this time he followed me to his room, saying "no descansar!" while he climbed onto his bed.
I handed him his blanket as he said "No naka!"while wraping his blanket around himself and cuddling up in bed.
I gave him a book to read as he said "No libro! No leer!" as he grabed it from me and began flipping through the pages.
I gave him a kiss to which he said "no 'sito!" before giving me a kiss.
It was hard to keep from laughing as he kept saying no to everything while he was doing it. He cracks me up sometimes. As you can imagine he was asleep within 5 minutes - thank goodness. Like Ryan says, there's something beautiful about a sleeping child; they're quiet!
Yesterday, I went through the normal naptime routine of giving a 5 minute warning, then the 2 minute warning, then I went to Jacob's room to close the blinds and get his room situated for naptime. Before I went into Jacob's room I told him it was time to go rest (descansar) to which he normally says "no" then runs from me. However, this time he followed me to his room, saying "no descansar!" while he climbed onto his bed.
I handed him his blanket as he said "No naka!"while wraping his blanket around himself and cuddling up in bed.
I gave him a book to read as he said "No libro! No leer!" as he grabed it from me and began flipping through the pages.
I gave him a kiss to which he said "no 'sito!" before giving me a kiss.
It was hard to keep from laughing as he kept saying no to everything while he was doing it. He cracks me up sometimes. As you can imagine he was asleep within 5 minutes - thank goodness. Like Ryan says, there's something beautiful about a sleeping child; they're quiet!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home