ONE YEAR!!!
Dear Jacob,
Yesterday we celebrated your very first birthday! I spent the last three days reminiscing about the days leading up to your birth and of course, your actual birth. I feel as if it was only yesterday when I was finally able to gaze upon your wonderfully perfect little face for the first time. I feel so wonderfully blessed to have been able to see you grow into the little boy you now are. One year ago you were basically only able to cry, now you are crawling around everywhere, feeding yourself, discovering things, asking for what you want, and so much more. I really can't wait to see what this next year will bring for us. I am so fortunate to be your mom.
Since yesterday was your actual birthday, and your birthday party is in a few more days, we celebrated your birthday with your Tita, Tito, Tio Joshua, and Grandma Arlene. We had a yummy dinner and an even yummier chocolate cake which you thoroughly enjoyed!
You love to push objects around the house to practice your walking. You get very creative on what you push around - like when you stood underneath the bar stools at your Tito and Tita's house to walk around. You can cruise on the furniture, but haven't attempted to take any steps on your own yet. I have a feeling it won't be long now...
This past month we celebrated your Daddy's first Father's Day! What did we do you ask? We worked on the kitchen, of course! Your Tito and Joshua came over to help build up our kitchen, then we all had a nice relaxing dinner.
You love to be outside - especially now that the weather has been so warm. You love to go to the park and just observe everything going on around you - you don't miss a thing! It is fun to watch you observe people, then actually go and say hi to them. Most people think it is so funny to see you welcoming everyone and checking them out.
Since you love bath time so much, your Daddy and I bought you a sand and water table. we haven't had a chance to fill it up with sand, but you love having water in it! You splash water everywhere and have learned how to fill up the toys with water and throw it out of the table - generally onto us! You can easily spend an hour simply playing with the water and the toys at your water table.
The past week you and I have been taking a parent-tot swim class. I thought you would love the pool, you didn't really at first, but you are slowly warming up to it. When we get into the water, you cling to me like a little monkey, possibly because the water isn't quite as warm as the bath water you are used to. However, after a little bit, you relax a little. On Thursday, you even started kicking on your own! Hopefully this week you will feel more at home in the pool and start to have even more fun.
This month you learned how to sign for "milk", "more", and "eat". I was so excited that you could ask for what you wanted. However, you have since stopped using the signs for "milk" and "eat" and simply use the "more" sign for everything! You want milk? You make the sign for "more". You want something on the table? You make the sign for "more". Sometimes, if you really want it, you grunt while signing for more. So I guess at this point you might think "more" means "I want that". Oh well, you'll re-learn the other signs soon.
You have also become a lot more independent this month. Before, you'd like for us to be sitting with you while we played on the floor. Now, you can sit and play on your own for a little bit before you crawl over to see what we are doing. You have become very interested in cars, and you even make a little noise when you push them along the floor! But more than anything, you love to put objects inside of others. The other day you spent about an hour putting toys into the opening of your diaper pail, taking them out, and then putting them back in. You were so serious, concentrating very hard, and then you'd laugh when you got all the toys in the opening. It was so cute!
You bring so much love and happiness to your Daddy and me. Thanks for a fabulous year, Jacob!
I love you,
Mami
Yesterday we celebrated your very first birthday! I spent the last three days reminiscing about the days leading up to your birth and of course, your actual birth. I feel as if it was only yesterday when I was finally able to gaze upon your wonderfully perfect little face for the first time. I feel so wonderfully blessed to have been able to see you grow into the little boy you now are. One year ago you were basically only able to cry, now you are crawling around everywhere, feeding yourself, discovering things, asking for what you want, and so much more. I really can't wait to see what this next year will bring for us. I am so fortunate to be your mom.
You bring so much love and happiness to your Daddy and me. Thanks for a fabulous year, Jacob!
I love you,
Mami

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home