Realizing you really are a mom
Well, it finally happened the other night... I was vomited on. Yup, Jacob threw up on me.
I must admit that projectile vomiting was one of my worst fears about becoming a mom. I mean, there is nothing nastier than the whole process of throwing up, with the heaving, the sounds, the smell, you get the picture. But as a mom, you have to be the one to comfort your child and then clean up afterwards. When it happened, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Although, that's when it hit me - I really am a mother to this wonderful child.
I was sitting on our bed with Jacob in my lap and Ryan was standing on the other side of the bed. I was nursing Jacob just before his bedtime, when he sat up, coughed, then gagged, then blahhhh... He managed to get throw up all over my jeans, himself, and all the way to the other side of our cal king bed (it was far!). I just froze. I didn't know how to process what had happened - Jacob hadn't been sick or acted any differently. He simply sat up, threw up, then went on smiling and talking, as if nothing had happened.
Jacob is perfectly fine, it was so random. Anyway, my worst fear came true - ok, not my worst fear, but its high up on the list of things to dread - and it wasn't that big of a deal. Just a little wardrobe change, threw stuff into the washing machine, and everything was as good as new.
If I survived projectile vomiting, I guess I can survive anything the boy throws at me! :)
I must admit that projectile vomiting was one of my worst fears about becoming a mom. I mean, there is nothing nastier than the whole process of throwing up, with the heaving, the sounds, the smell, you get the picture. But as a mom, you have to be the one to comfort your child and then clean up afterwards. When it happened, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Although, that's when it hit me - I really am a mother to this wonderful child.
I was sitting on our bed with Jacob in my lap and Ryan was standing on the other side of the bed. I was nursing Jacob just before his bedtime, when he sat up, coughed, then gagged, then blahhhh... He managed to get throw up all over my jeans, himself, and all the way to the other side of our cal king bed (it was far!). I just froze. I didn't know how to process what had happened - Jacob hadn't been sick or acted any differently. He simply sat up, threw up, then went on smiling and talking, as if nothing had happened.
Jacob is perfectly fine, it was so random. Anyway, my worst fear came true - ok, not my worst fear, but its high up on the list of things to dread - and it wasn't that big of a deal. Just a little wardrobe change, threw stuff into the washing machine, and everything was as good as new.
If I survived projectile vomiting, I guess I can survive anything the boy throws at me! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home