Peanut Gallery

Monday, February 27, 2006

20 Weeks

Wow - I can't believe its been 20 weeks already! Ryan and I have officially reached the half way mark, 20 more weeks and our family unit will grow by 50% (that's something Ryan would say, I guess he is rubbing off on me).

I've been feeling great. No more morning sickness, woo-hoo! I've been tired, but I can generally make it to about 9pm instead of 6:30pm, so it's an improvement, albeit slight. I can often feel the faint fluttering of the calisthenics going on inside me, generally in the middle of the day and especially at night. Ryan is able to feel the movement, although he says it is very light. I'm looking forward to having a more regular pattern of stronger movement so Ryan can feel it too.

Time is passing so quickly that I want to be sure to savor every experience related to this pregnancy. I want time to slow down, yet speed up at the same time. It's an interesting paradox.

Bere

1 Comments:

  • Relax, everything will come out OK in the end...Well, maybe those aren't quite the right words to use :) I was there when both Alyssa and Katie were born...Scrubbed up, had on the garb, and then went through both C-sections. You plan for the best, but no matter what happens, relax, and enjoy the experience. There is nothing like sitting there, and then having the Doctor say, "Congratulations...you are now the father/mother of a beautiful son/daughter." I can remember when the doctors cleaned Alyssa and Katie, swaddled them in blankets, and then handed them to me. It is as clear as yesterday. I kept waiting for my epidural to kick in...but, never did. It was such a natural high, a life-long experience I will never forget. I can remember that I was so afraid, that I was going to drop them when the doctor handed them to me...but, there was that calm sense of serenity that came across me...I knew then, that fatherhood was going to be great! I try and hold them across my lap now, as I did when they were babies, but they just don't quite fit the same...


    A prayer for your family...

    Dear God, I thank You for the gift of a child you have given to Ryan and Berenice... to raise, a new life to share, this mind to help mold, a body to nurture, and spirit to enrich. Let them never betray this child’s trust, dampen this child’s hope, or discourage this child’s dreams. God, help them with this precious child to become all you mean him to be. Let your grace and love fall on him and their family, like gentle breezes and give them the inner strength, peace and patience for the journey ahead. In God's name I pray...Amen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/03/2006 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home