19 Week Ultrasound

Ryan and I had our second peek at Baby yesterday. It was the coolest experience! The technician took measurements of all the limbs and its head, along with taking pictures of the spine, heart, and liver (or was it the kidneys?). We also got to see Baby moving around, kicking me, playing peek-a-boo, sucking its thumb, and just hanging out. We got a couple of good profile shots - this one shows Baby's head, with its spine toward the bottom of the picture, and its hand up over its nose.
During the whole ultrasound, Ryan and I were in awe that there is really a baby inside, waiting to make its appearance into the world in a few short months. We held hands the entire time and just soaked in all the images. I definitely got teary eyed during the ultrasound (don't know about Ryan...) It felt a little surreal seeing images of our CHILD! That is crazy - we still look at each other and can't believe we actually got married almost 5 years ago.
Just to add to the great day yesterday - Ryan felt Baby kick! As soon as I climbed into bed, Ryan placed his hand on my belly, and right away he felt a good hard kick. Its like Baby was trying to say "Hi Daddy!" It was so cool to see Ryan's eyes get HUGE and ask if that was really the baby. Yup, not only did we see it, but we got to feel it together too. Awesome...

1 Comments:
Ohhh - what a sweet little peanut growing inside your tummy...and with such tiny little features - I think it is a girl! But agree with Bere...better to be surprised! Many blessing to you and Ryan...you're gonna make awesome parents. Fondly, Melissa
By
Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 6:59 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home