Peanut Gallery

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday emotions...

After I finished writing the previous post last night, Jacob came walking out of his room - at 8:30 pm. I let him stay up for a bit while I finished cleaning up, then I took him back to bed a little after 9 pm. He wanted me to lay in bed with him, and since he is not typically a big cuddler, I happily obliged. As we were laying in his bed, Jacob wrapped his arms around me and was telling me "te quiero, Mami."

Of course, on a normal day I would have melted in his arms, but yesterday, I super melted. I couldn't help but think back to exactly 3 years ago at that exact time, when I was holding my baby for the very first time. I couldn't help my eyes from welling up with tears. I couldn't help thinking of how scared and excited I was to hold him in the hospital recovery room. I was so exhausted from labor, surgery, and anestisea, but I remember holding him and just thinking that everything I just went through was worth it for this little person who would so completely change my life forever.

Last night, I had the same feelings. As I lay there with his body wrapped around me, I thought that everything I've been through with him is totally worth it for moments like those.

Te quiero Jacob!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home