Peanut Gallery

Monday, January 26, 2009

Precious memories

Like everyone else, I have lots of memories from special occasions that I want to keep close to my heart forever. I try to pause on those days and make sure I take everything in so I can form a complete memory. Of course, some of those memories are the standard ones like the day I graduated from high school and college, my wedding, the birth of my children. But there are random memories in there that I will always remember fondly.

The other night I had one of those special moments with Jacob that I will cherish. I was putting Jacob to bed, and like every other night we went through the normal routine of bath, two books, then lights out. I turned off the light and returned to Jacob's bed to give him a final kiss (I have to get as many of those as I can now before he stops giving them out so freely!). I gave Jacob a kiss on his cheek and stroked his forehead. As I was removing my hand so I could leave, he grabbed it and placed it back on his forehead, saying "mas." How could I resist that?

I stroked his forehead for a moment, enjoying the quiet time with my baby. I told him "te quiero" gave him a kiss and went to leave the room again. However, he grabbed my hand again. This time though he kissed it and said "te quiero mucho mami!" (I love you a lot!). I have to admit that he brought tears to my eyes. He repeats "te quiero" to me, but with the added kiss and the "mucho," it was just too much for me. When I got out to the living room with Ryan I was in full tears.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but I just can't fully describe how touching that moment was. That night I made sure I took a moment to fully capture what I was feeling in my heart. Jacob is such a sweet child. I don't know how Ryan and I got so lucky, but I am very thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home