Peanut Gallery

Friday, January 23, 2009

Six months!


Dear Ethan,

I can't believe you are now six months old! In a way, it has gone by so quickly, but at the same time, its like you've always been a part of our family. You have fit into our lives so perfectly, that I can't imagine it any other way.

The last few weeks, you have been trying so hard to start crawling. You love being on the floor so that you can either roll over everywhere or you get on your hands and knees to try to crawl. There have been a few times when you are on all fours and I think you are going to go for it, but you lunge your body forward, forgetting to move your arms and do a face plant instead. It's gotta hurt on the wood floors, but you just smile and keep on trying. The above picture is what you normally look like during the day. You love to watch Jacob play and laugh and smile at what he's doing.


The other thing you love doing is eating your feet! Anytime I want to change your clothes or your diaper, your feet go directly into your mouth. Its like some sort of weird toe-to-mouth magnetism. It really makes changing you quite a task.

Your Abuelito thinks it is perfect payback (for me not letting them sleep for 9 months) that you don't like to be away from me for more than a few minutes. Several times I have been paged at the gym because they can' get you to stop crying. Thankfully, it is normally about after 30 minutes, so I at least get a bit of a workout in before I have to stop. Of course, once you are in my arms, you are a happy little camper again. Oh, and you refuse to take a bottle. Only the real deal for you!

I'm so excited for you to start crawling so that you and Jacob can start playing together. Jacob loves to bring you toys and protect you from anything. He is usually my alarm to get you when you are crying or whining. "E-hen cryin!" Although, there are times when you suffer from little brother syndrome, like when you are on the floor and Jacob tries to sit on you like a pony, or when he tries to climb into your exersaucer - while you are in it, or... Just remember that Jacob means well and he loves you - and one day you will probably get back at him for all the stuff he's done to you.

Love you my little E-hen!
Mami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home