Uno, dos, tres...
I've been working with Jacob at every opportunity to get him to learn his numbers. We are constantly counting everything from goldfish to cars passing - I mean we count everything. He's been doing fairly good with his numbers, but he skips a few numbers and generally needs some prompting to get to ten. However, yesterday it all changed. The boys and I went for a walk around the block before the rain hit San Diego (it never did).
He stopped to jump on some stepping stones at the edge of someone's yard and completely on his own, started counting.
"Uno" jump.
"Dos" jump.
"Tres" jump.
Normally he skips dos, so I was already excited that he got to tres on his own. He continued,
"Quatro" jump.
"Cinco" jump.
"Seis" jump.
He continued counting and jumping all the way to "DIEZ!" all on his own! I was so excited!!! I'd never heard him count all ten numbers correctly completely by himself. Yeah! I can't believe how much he continues to impress me everyday. Hopefully he can do it again and it wasn't a fluke like the color orange thing...
He stopped to jump on some stepping stones at the edge of someone's yard and completely on his own, started counting.
"Uno" jump.
"Dos" jump.
"Tres" jump.
Normally he skips dos, so I was already excited that he got to tres on his own. He continued,
"Quatro" jump.
"Cinco" jump.
"Seis" jump.
He continued counting and jumping all the way to "DIEZ!" all on his own! I was so excited!!! I'd never heard him count all ten numbers correctly completely by himself. Yeah! I can't believe how much he continues to impress me everyday. Hopefully he can do it again and it wasn't a fluke like the color orange thing...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home