Big Boy Bed!
Jacob is now sleeping in his big boy bed! Woo-hoo!!!
Reading a bedtime story.
We bought Jacob's big bed about 3 months ago, but he hadn't shown much interest in it beyond reading a bedtime story in it or playing on it. In the last few weeks I've been on a media blitz promoting the benefits of a big boy bed (you become a big boy! the freedom!) and the pitfalls of sleeping in a crib (for babies - boo...). This blitz was brought on by the want to get Ethan into the crib and out of the bassinet, in addition to the fact that Jacob finally learned that he could climb out of the crib. If he was going to escape from the crib, he might as well be in his big bed and be safe about it.We tried to get Jacob to sleep in his big bed a few nights and he seemed willing - until we turned the lights off. As soon as he realized we were going to leave him in the bed, he would start yelling "ahi! ahi!" (there) pointing to his crib. I guess he wasn't ready.
I was almost ready to admit defeat when one night, he decided he was ready. I was putting him down in his crib when he started yelling "ahi! ahi!" I was confused because I was putting him in his crib - the place 'ahi' usually meant. However, this time he meant his big boy bed! So, I put him in his big bed, tucked him in, turned off the light and tentatively walked out. I was expecting to hear him crying out for me in a matter of seconds. Well, that never happened. He proceeded to fall asleep and has not looked back since.
I think Jacob actually likes sleeping in his big bed. Especially since he can climb out and walk out of his room once he wakes up. A few times he has had a hard time falling asleep because the freedom is just too tempting (only for naps) but we've managed. I just can't believe that my little Jacob is now my big boy Jacob who sleeps in a big bed - he really does look like a big boy sleeping in it.
Of course, there are trucks on his bed spread. I can't wait to decorate his room with trucks and all the construction equipment he loves to look at and play with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home