Peanut Gallery

Friday, June 23, 2006

Full time mommy-to-be

Wednesday was my last official day as a working lady for a while. This isn't the first time that I've been without a job, but its weird knowing that I won't be coming back because I'm going to be a full time mommy in a few weeks.

There is an open full time Language Arts position at O'Farrell for the next school year. I've worked so hard to try to get a full time job in my chosen career path, and yet when it was offered to me, I had no problem saying no. Ok, it was a little hard, but overall I felt comfortable with the idea of giving up that paycheck to be with our little peanut for a while. However, I will definitely miss the friendships I made with my co-workers, but I know that we will keep in touch.

My job now for the next few weeks as we await the little one's arrival is to get his room, clothes, gear, etc. ready. I'm looking forward to finally getting the nursery put together - the nesting phase has begun! Right now, his room has all his baby stuff in it, but everything is still in the boxes and packaging.

The countdown continues... 3 weeks to go!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home