Peanut Gallery

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Human Kleenex

If you've ever had a sick kid, I think you know how I've felt for the last two weeks. Both boys have had a cold on and off for a while, but Ethan has been very sick for two weeks now. His poor little nose will just not stop running. I am constantly wiping his nose and his face. My shirts, however, are suffering too. I have evidence of a sick child since Ethan wants to be held and comforted all day and night, so I unfortunately have snot all over my sleeves and shoulders - I am literally a human Kleenex.

Last week I told Ryan that I needed to go out for a dinner without a crying child and to make it at least a few hours without having snot on my shirt. It's amazing how your standards for a night out change when you have kids! Needless to say, my hubby and I went out for an amazing dinner at Lotus Thai on Friday. We had great curry and I enjoyed both my and Ryan's glass of wine :)

Unfortunately, Ethan is still not better. I took him to the doctor today and he just has lots of congestion in his sinuses, two teeth coming through, and a very bad rash on his cheeks from who knows what. It just breaks my heart to hear him coughing and wheezing all day and night. The last two weeks have been trying for both him and me, so hopefully he will feel better soon.

Sorry I haven't written much lately, but I've been busy with my new job as a human Kleenex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home