16 months
Dear Jacob,
You are currently resting in your crib, giving me a few seconds to sit down myself. I can't believe how active you are all day long! If you aren't running from one place to another, you are asking for food, throwing yourself on the ground because you didn't get your way, or sleeping. Your dad says you have 2 speeds - running or sleeping, no slow motion for you.
We went to your checkup yesterday, you are now weighing in at 21.5 pounds. You moved up 3 percent on the growth chart to 8%! We are very excited about that. You also got 2 vaccines yesterday. After the nurse gave you your shots, you proceeded to let the ENTIRE floor know about your pain by screaming at the top of your lungs for a whole 5 minutes. I think you scared away all the other children patiently waiting to see the doctor. Nothing I did would console you. I didn't want to leave the exam room and walk down the hallway with you screaming. I was at a total loss. Until you saw your pacifier in my bag. I didn't even know it was there. The minute you grabbed it and stuck it in your mouth, your whole world changed to one of pure bliss. I couldn't believe you could change your mood so quickly!

Last time I wrote about how helpful you have been around the house, helping me load laundry. Now, you have added to your politeness. The other day, you were sitting on the step with a small bowl of cheese. When you finished with your cheese, you proceeded to get up, open the drawer where the bowls go, place it in there, and shut the drawer! Sure it was dirty, but the bigger issue is that at 16 months you are putting your dishes away. We didn't teach you do do it, you did it completely on your own. And, you also like to put things in the sink if the dish is really dirty. You'll stand in front of the sink with your hand outstretched, wanting us to lift you so you can but your dish in the sink. I have to admit I am floored when you do this - it is just so precious!

A few weeks ago you went on a tooth growing spree. You sprouted not one, not two, but three teeth within one week! It was most definitely a painful week for everyone involved. However, you now have 4 teeth on the top front, 2 on the bottom, and one molar on the top left. I wasn't really expecting to see a molar for a while, but there it is, all by itself in the land of gums.
Your Tita gave you a little school bus you can ride on, and you love it! You sit on it, push yourself all over the house, bump into walls over and over again, exclaiming, "oh-uh" every time. You lift up the seat and store your legos in it. You like to press all the buttons and hear the songs and dance along with them. Overall, you are greatly entertained by it.
You also got a little table and chair from your Tita and Tito. You think you are such a big boy when you are sitting at the table. I'll tell you to sit down at your chair for your snack or meal and you'll run over to your little table. You used to run to your high chair and wait for me to lift you up, but the high chair has been abandoned for a much more grown up table and chair. When you aren't eating at the table, you'll play with your legos on the table. The first day we had it in the house, you were so infatuated with the chair, you carried it all over the house. You couldn't leave it by itself, you carried it to your room and sat in it there. To my bedroom and sat there. The kitchen. The bathroom. The living room. Everywhere. You are very happy with your new table and chair. :)
Love you!
Mami
You are currently resting in your crib, giving me a few seconds to sit down myself. I can't believe how active you are all day long! If you aren't running from one place to another, you are asking for food, throwing yourself on the ground because you didn't get your way, or sleeping. Your dad says you have 2 speeds - running or sleeping, no slow motion for you.
We went to your checkup yesterday, you are now weighing in at 21.5 pounds. You moved up 3 percent on the growth chart to 8%! We are very excited about that. You also got 2 vaccines yesterday. After the nurse gave you your shots, you proceeded to let the ENTIRE floor know about your pain by screaming at the top of your lungs for a whole 5 minutes. I think you scared away all the other children patiently waiting to see the doctor. Nothing I did would console you. I didn't want to leave the exam room and walk down the hallway with you screaming. I was at a total loss. Until you saw your pacifier in my bag. I didn't even know it was there. The minute you grabbed it and stuck it in your mouth, your whole world changed to one of pure bliss. I couldn't believe you could change your mood so quickly!
Last time I wrote about how helpful you have been around the house, helping me load laundry. Now, you have added to your politeness. The other day, you were sitting on the step with a small bowl of cheese. When you finished with your cheese, you proceeded to get up, open the drawer where the bowls go, place it in there, and shut the drawer! Sure it was dirty, but the bigger issue is that at 16 months you are putting your dishes away. We didn't teach you do do it, you did it completely on your own. And, you also like to put things in the sink if the dish is really dirty. You'll stand in front of the sink with your hand outstretched, wanting us to lift you so you can but your dish in the sink. I have to admit I am floored when you do this - it is just so precious!
A few weeks ago you went on a tooth growing spree. You sprouted not one, not two, but three teeth within one week! It was most definitely a painful week for everyone involved. However, you now have 4 teeth on the top front, 2 on the bottom, and one molar on the top left. I wasn't really expecting to see a molar for a while, but there it is, all by itself in the land of gums.
Your Tita gave you a little school bus you can ride on, and you love it! You sit on it, push yourself all over the house, bump into walls over and over again, exclaiming, "oh-uh" every time. You lift up the seat and store your legos in it. You like to press all the buttons and hear the songs and dance along with them. Overall, you are greatly entertained by it.
You also got a little table and chair from your Tita and Tito. You think you are such a big boy when you are sitting at the table. I'll tell you to sit down at your chair for your snack or meal and you'll run over to your little table. You used to run to your high chair and wait for me to lift you up, but the high chair has been abandoned for a much more grown up table and chair. When you aren't eating at the table, you'll play with your legos on the table. The first day we had it in the house, you were so infatuated with the chair, you carried it all over the house. You couldn't leave it by itself, you carried it to your room and sat in it there. To my bedroom and sat there. The kitchen. The bathroom. The living room. Everywhere. You are very happy with your new table and chair. :)
Love you!
Mami

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home