Ready or not, here I come!
Today was a very momentous day.... Jacob attended daycare for the first time ever. Now, why would he go to daycare if I stay at home? Because I was hired as a full-time Language Arts teacher!
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in.
Yup, I went to work today for the first time since Jacob was born. Everything happened a little fast - the last week has been such a roller coaster ride - I'm still in disbelief that I am a full time teacher. I'm at O'Farrell Community School in Skyline (a community in San Diego), teaching 8th grade English. The beauty is that I only have three 85-minute classes; only 90 students instead of 180! Woo-hoo!
Ryan and I dropped Jacob off at daycare this morning and Jacob seemed to have a great time. He immediately started playing with the other children and didn't even notice when I left. Believe me, it was probably a good thing he didn't notice because I was a complete emotional wreak! Ryan visited Jacob during lunch time and everything was just fine. At the end of the day when I made my mad dash to pick up our son, Jacob was happy as a clam playing. Until he saw me. Then, he started crying. Once I had him in my arms though he just snuggled with me and didn't want to let me go. It's nice to know that I was missed!
Day one was a success, we'll see how day 2 - 184 go!
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in.
Yup, I went to work today for the first time since Jacob was born. Everything happened a little fast - the last week has been such a roller coaster ride - I'm still in disbelief that I am a full time teacher. I'm at O'Farrell Community School in Skyline (a community in San Diego), teaching 8th grade English. The beauty is that I only have three 85-minute classes; only 90 students instead of 180! Woo-hoo!
Ryan and I dropped Jacob off at daycare this morning and Jacob seemed to have a great time. He immediately started playing with the other children and didn't even notice when I left. Believe me, it was probably a good thing he didn't notice because I was a complete emotional wreak! Ryan visited Jacob during lunch time and everything was just fine. At the end of the day when I made my mad dash to pick up our son, Jacob was happy as a clam playing. Until he saw me. Then, he started crying. Once I had him in my arms though he just snuggled with me and didn't want to let me go. It's nice to know that I was missed!
Day one was a success, we'll see how day 2 - 184 go!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home