Peanut Gallery

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Catch up

It's been a long time since I last posted! Jacob's 14 month birthday came and went, and still no letter from me - yikes. Needless to say, life in Walkerland has been very crazy and hectic. We are all continuing to work out the kinks in our new routines.

I am getting into the swing of things at work. I've had parent conferences all week and have just crashed at the end of the day! Ryan has been traveling a lot lately; he's gone to Tucson once a week for a few nights the last 3 weeks. Hopefully that will slow down soon. Jacob is now at a different day care, one that is only half a mile from our house (yeah!), and is really enjoying it. He is the youngest out of 6 children, and loves chasing around the big boys. When I drop him off in the morning, he runs to play with his blocks, then waves to me as I head out the door. It is so reassuring to know our little boy is happy.

Our kitchen is coming a long very nicely. We finally have a fully functional range!!! I've made dinner in our oven, and cookies too. It is so nice to be able to cook in the same room as the refrigerator and sink and not have to go use the BBQ. And when dinner is finished, I can put all the dishes in the dishwasher! You want ice with your water? Just get it from our water and ice dispenser on our fridge! I LOVE our new kitchen!!! There are still some odds and ends to take care of, but I can actually cook. Woo-hoo!

Jacob has become such a little character. He is a walking machine, is trying to get the hang of running, and is climbing up onto everything. He is so curious about the world around him. He has started grabbing our hands and leading us places. Also, he likes to help out around the house. Yesterday, I was transferring clothes from the washing machine to the dryer, but he wanted to intercept the clothes. So, I would hand him an article of clothing, then he would put it in the dryer for me. He had so much fun! When we finished, he helped close the dryer door and push the buttons. I stepped out of the laundry room to grab another batch of clothes to wash, and when I came back, he had grabbed his blanket from his room and put it into the washing machine (he can reach it since it's a front loader) and closed the door! He was so proud of himself; he just smiled and pointed to the door when I came back. It was too precious.

I'll continue to catch up later. There's lots to tell about the last month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home