Election Day
Election day will always have a special place in my heart. No, not because I am that passionate about politics, but because last year on election day - November 8, 2005 - Ryan and I found out that we were going to be the proud parents of a peanut! All day today, I couldn't stop thinking about how much our lives have changed since last election day - all for the better of course.
Last year, Ryan was in Tucson, AZ for the day and didn't get home until fairly late at night. I, of course, knew about the peanut since early in the afternoon and had to wait for about 5 hours for Ryan to come home (the LONGEST five hours of my life!!!). I remember hearing Ryan park his car, feeling like my heart was going to jump out of my mouth. I seriously thought I was going to pass out. Ryan walked through the door exhausted, but that quickly changed! It's amazing how energized you suddenly feel when you find out that you are going to be a dad/mom. We had one of those nights where we didn't get a wink of sleep, yet the next morning we were on cloud nine...
Yes, election day will always bring back wonderful moments.
Last year, Ryan was in Tucson, AZ for the day and didn't get home until fairly late at night. I, of course, knew about the peanut since early in the afternoon and had to wait for about 5 hours for Ryan to come home (the LONGEST five hours of my life!!!). I remember hearing Ryan park his car, feeling like my heart was going to jump out of my mouth. I seriously thought I was going to pass out. Ryan walked through the door exhausted, but that quickly changed! It's amazing how energized you suddenly feel when you find out that you are going to be a dad/mom. We had one of those nights where we didn't get a wink of sleep, yet the next morning we were on cloud nine...
Yes, election day will always bring back wonderful moments.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home