Time flies
I can't believe how quickly time is going by! My little Jacob is already 3 1/2 weeks old, yet it seems like only yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.
His features have definitely changed - it seems that he changes from day to day. He is growing and gaining weight very well. We have gotten into the swing of things. It is much easier to know what to do and expect of him now that we are on a semi-set routine. Sure, some days are hard - like yesterday when he wouldn't stop crying if I set him down for a second - but then those bad days are followed by good days - like today when he is a perfect angel.
Ryan gave him a bottle for the first time last night. I guess this is the start of my semi-independence! Although, I still don't think I could leave him with anyone just yet, besides Ryan, of course. I am definitely feeling that protective mama bear syndrome - I know that other people have raised healthy kids (like our parents) yet I don't think I could leave Jacob with them just yet. I guess I'm not completely ready to be independent from my baby. Oddly enough, I'm OK with that for now...
His features have definitely changed - it seems that he changes from day to day. He is growing and gaining weight very well. We have gotten into the swing of things. It is much easier to know what to do and expect of him now that we are on a semi-set routine. Sure, some days are hard - like yesterday when he wouldn't stop crying if I set him down for a second - but then those bad days are followed by good days - like today when he is a perfect angel.
Ryan gave him a bottle for the first time last night. I guess this is the start of my semi-independence! Although, I still don't think I could leave him with anyone just yet, besides Ryan, of course. I am definitely feeling that protective mama bear syndrome - I know that other people have raised healthy kids (like our parents) yet I don't think I could leave Jacob with them just yet. I guess I'm not completely ready to be independent from my baby. Oddly enough, I'm OK with that for now...

1 Comments:
When my first son was born, I worried about spoiling him by picking him up when he cried. Then I read somewhere that infants need to feel comforted when they are so young, so picking them up a lot when they are babies helps reassure them that you are there. This will make them MORE secure when they get older. It wasn't until our kids got to be 8-12 months that we would let them "cry it out" to go to sleep. By then they had had many months of security by being held constantly.
By
Anonymous, at 8/09/2006 4:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home