Swimming
Well, it seems like both my boys have become little fishes! I was able to switch Jacob from the tiny tot class to the parent tot class, and he has been much better about getting in the water. Either my mom or Ryan come to the class and we switch back between both Jacob and Ethan.
Like everything else with Ethan, he is a champ int he water! He loves to splash and jump in. Ethan is a fantastic kicker and has even started to blow bubbles. He has a grand time during our class. Jacob was very clingy and unwilling to try to do anything besides kick. Today however, something changed for Jacob - we was not a leech on me. He was willing to jump into the pool, without me holding his hand. He was blowing bubbles and had fun today. We made it through the whole class without Jacob crying! The instructor asked me if I had been practicing with him - I hadn't, he just suddenly got more comfortable in the water.
This is all such a relief! I just wish we had taken swim classes earlier in the summer so that I could go swimming with them more. I'm about to go back to work in a few weeks, but I'll have to figure something out so both Ethan and Jacob stay familiar with the water. How fun!!!
Like everything else with Ethan, he is a champ int he water! He loves to splash and jump in. Ethan is a fantastic kicker and has even started to blow bubbles. He has a grand time during our class. Jacob was very clingy and unwilling to try to do anything besides kick. Today however, something changed for Jacob - we was not a leech on me. He was willing to jump into the pool, without me holding his hand. He was blowing bubbles and had fun today. We made it through the whole class without Jacob crying! The instructor asked me if I had been practicing with him - I hadn't, he just suddenly got more comfortable in the water.
This is all such a relief! I just wish we had taken swim classes earlier in the summer so that I could go swimming with them more. I'm about to go back to work in a few weeks, but I'll have to figure something out so both Ethan and Jacob stay familiar with the water. How fun!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home