Peanut Gallery

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Getting bigger

I love that Jacob is getting to be more independent. He is using the potty, he can wash his hands, he can take his pajamas off and put his clothes on, he can put his shoes on, he can set the table. So many times during the day I hear, "I do it! No mami, no. I do it."

However, he is getting too independent for me now. He showed me that he can now unlock the sliding doors and open them. Unlock the front door and get out of the house. Open the baby proofed door into the garage. Open and close the car doors. Open the refrigerator. Ahhh!!!!

There is no way of containing the kid now! I have to watch him like a hawk because before I know it he'll be taking Ethan for a walk around the block. Yikes!!!

Every time Jacob learns something new that I'm not ready for him to know, I get a panicked look on my face and make some sort of exasperated expression like "Oh, no!" or "Ugh!" or "Shoot! How did you do that!" The cute part is that Jacob comes up to me and reassuringly says "Don't be sad mami. I'm just helping you."

Awww... you hear that? It's my heart melting. How can I be sad when he is just helping me? So cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home