Toddler Tastes
Jacob has always been a picky eater. When he started eating solids, he survived on yogurt and cheese - actually, that's still his basic food groups. However, he likes things that surprise me, like salmon. He's been chowing down on salmon since he was 9 months. I can't think of any other toddler who likes salmon.
He also likes brie cheese. Now, its not the strongest tasting cheese out there, but it definitely has a distinct taste. If Ryan and I are eating brie with crackers, he'll eat the brie and leave the cracker - go figure.
Jacob cracked me up today with another strange food for a toddler. I made him pasta the other day with a bunch of diced veggies and just a drizzle of olive oil. Normally he eats pasta without any problem, but he doesn't generally like veggies mixed in with it - all food has to be separate, nothing mixed in with each other. Since he helped me make his pasta he was all over it, until he tasted a bell pepper. (He doesn't like the skin on the bell pepper so the bell pepper normally gets spit out) I thought since it was very finely chopped the bell pepper might stand a chance, but no. Once he realized there was bell pepper in the pasta, he refused to eat it, even though he saw me pick all the pepper out. I thought I'd give the pasta another try this afternoon, but I added pesto to it. He was all over it! Jacob loves pesto and actually was asking for more!
Where did this kid learn how to eat?
He also likes brie cheese. Now, its not the strongest tasting cheese out there, but it definitely has a distinct taste. If Ryan and I are eating brie with crackers, he'll eat the brie and leave the cracker - go figure.
Jacob cracked me up today with another strange food for a toddler. I made him pasta the other day with a bunch of diced veggies and just a drizzle of olive oil. Normally he eats pasta without any problem, but he doesn't generally like veggies mixed in with it - all food has to be separate, nothing mixed in with each other. Since he helped me make his pasta he was all over it, until he tasted a bell pepper. (He doesn't like the skin on the bell pepper so the bell pepper normally gets spit out) I thought since it was very finely chopped the bell pepper might stand a chance, but no. Once he realized there was bell pepper in the pasta, he refused to eat it, even though he saw me pick all the pepper out. I thought I'd give the pasta another try this afternoon, but I added pesto to it. He was all over it! Jacob loves pesto and actually was asking for more!
Where did this kid learn how to eat?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home