Surprises
Even though I spend 24/7 with Jacob and Ethan, I am surprised by their abilities everyday. Ok, Ethan is holding his head up and that is a huge accomplishment. He is starting to push himself up when he is on his tummy, but Jacob... Today we were getting ready to go outside for a walk and he opens the door for me and says "door" as clear as ever. What?! Come again Jacob, when did you learn "door"? Then, when we were outside he was playing with some neighbors when they started to jump. What does my Jacob say? "Jump." Uhh, Jacob? When did you learn that?! I speak only Spanish to both boys, so he didn't get it from me, but out of the blue he all of a sudden knows these words.
Wow.
The last few weeks I've been working on getting Jacob to learn his colors - in spanish. He will point out red and green, sometimes blue. I've never been able to get him to repeat any of the colors except a few times he said "rojo." Today, another surprise. As I was changing his diaper, he was holding a little giraffe with an orange body and he points to it and says "oh-nge" (translation: orange). Then he points to his orange shirt and says the same thing again! He knows orange!!! But, how did he learn that?!
I'm so excited and confused. I guess I'll take whatever he says since he is a boy of few words right now. I'm struggling with how to get him to say words in Spanish though. The words he knows seem to be mostly in English. I'm attributing those words to daycare, but these new ones are just baffling me since he only goes to day care once a week and is with me every other day. I'm not going to stress about him not saying much in Spanish right now - at least he is learning new words.
Wow.
The last few weeks I've been working on getting Jacob to learn his colors - in spanish. He will point out red and green, sometimes blue. I've never been able to get him to repeat any of the colors except a few times he said "rojo." Today, another surprise. As I was changing his diaper, he was holding a little giraffe with an orange body and he points to it and says "oh-nge" (translation: orange). Then he points to his orange shirt and says the same thing again! He knows orange!!! But, how did he learn that?!
I'm so excited and confused. I guess I'll take whatever he says since he is a boy of few words right now. I'm struggling with how to get him to say words in Spanish though. The words he knows seem to be mostly in English. I'm attributing those words to daycare, but these new ones are just baffling me since he only goes to day care once a week and is with me every other day. I'm not going to stress about him not saying much in Spanish right now - at least he is learning new words.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home