Mom of two
So, its been about 6 months since I added anything to my blog. I feel oh so guilty for not making the time to write down my thoughts and events happening around our house. We have been incredibly busy first, waiting for the arrival of Ethan and wrapping up my school year, then with the birth of Ethan, and now running around with Jacob and Ethan.

I had lots of fears and concerns about becoming a mother of two boys - some of which came true and others that didn't even become an issue. Jacob has done so well with his little brother. At first, Jacob was constantly giving Ethan kisses and trying to hug him. Of course, being so small, Ethan needed a body guard from all the love Jacob was giving him. Now that Jacob is used to having Ethan around, the kisses are not quite as plentiful. However, Jacob is no less protective of his little brother. If Ethan is crying, Jacob will let me know - "oh, NO! Mami, Baby!!!" If Ethan spits up, Jacob knows where to find the burp cloth and cleans him up. If Jacob sees the pacifier around, he runs to give it to Ethan.
My favorite is when I am trying to get us all loaded up into the car. If Ethan in asleep, I'll get Jacob into his seat first and then grab Ethan. However, Jacob usually gets into a complete panic because Ethan is not in the car and is therefore going to be left behind. "E-Hen! Silla!! [chair] Oh, NOOOOOoo!!!!" No amount of explaining will calm Jacob's fears, until Ethan is securly straped into his car seat and under his backseat supervision.
Although the first few weeks were tiring and very trying, I think we are all getting the hang of our new lives together. Ethan is fitting in quite nicely - he is used to being on the go all day without any rest from an active 2 year old. It amazes me that Ethan can sleep through all of Jacob's playing, tantrums, and singing. Ethan loves to watch his big brother play and gives him all kinds of smiles. Our lives feel so rich with these two little guys. I just can't imagine it getting better, and the best thing is that I know it will get better as Ethan begins to interact a little more. How great is that!? I love being a mommy of two!!!
I had lots of fears and concerns about becoming a mother of two boys - some of which came true and others that didn't even become an issue. Jacob has done so well with his little brother. At first, Jacob was constantly giving Ethan kisses and trying to hug him. Of course, being so small, Ethan needed a body guard from all the love Jacob was giving him. Now that Jacob is used to having Ethan around, the kisses are not quite as plentiful. However, Jacob is no less protective of his little brother. If Ethan is crying, Jacob will let me know - "oh, NO! Mami, Baby!!!" If Ethan spits up, Jacob knows where to find the burp cloth and cleans him up. If Jacob sees the pacifier around, he runs to give it to Ethan.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home