Peanut Gallery

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thirteen Months

Dear Jacob,

Today is your thirteen month birthday! It seems as if in the past month you have truly changed from a baby into a full fledged toddler. First of all, you started walking this month. This milestone definitely changed all of our lives, for the better. You look so cute cruising around the house with your mummy walk, pumping your arms. Just a mere2 days after you started walking you did your first face plant! You tripped while you were holding something, so you weren't able to put your arms out to stop your face from hitting the concrete. You cuts on the side of your nose and your upper cheek, making you look very tough! (See video posted on August 25 to see Jacob in action)

Your love for music had continued to shine this past month. You LOVE to play the piano at your Tita and Tito's house. Also, you drum on things, dance, and band away at anything you can get your hands on. You have also been exercising your voice, a lot. You will be playing with something, and just start screaming, for no reason other than to see how loud you can get, I guess. For the most part, I can endure the ear-piercing screams, but by the end of the day, I don't know how your throat isn't sore!

This month we participated in our first beach clean-up together. Your dad and I took turns carrying you in the mei tai carrier while we cleaned up lots of trash from Carlsbad beach. Fox news came to report on the clean-up and we played in the sand for a while afterwards. Overall, we had a good time while doing something good for the community and the environment.

We attended your 2nd cousin Omar's high school graduation this month. I remember being with Omar when he was your age, and now he is graduating from high school - goodness! I think you were a little intimidated by the graduation hat because you would start crying whenever Omar got close to you.

Your daddy is still working hard to finish our kitchen. While we have our cabinets and counter tops installed, the appliances are not. However, you have made the dishwasher compartment into your own little cave. You fit in there perfectly and will go hide in there and then peek your head out to see if we are looking for you, then quickly hide again. I'm not sure why, but you love playing in there.

Love,
Mami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home