Peanut Gallery

Friday, March 02, 2007

I get it...

Jacob has been eating solid foods for over a month now. He has his particular likes and dislikes. Unfortunately, he has more dislikes than likes. He likes the yogurt he gets most mornings, bananas, rice cereal, and avocados. He doesn't care much for carrots, peas, and Cheerios ( I thought All kids were programed to love Cheerios!?).

In the past, when Jacob doesn't like something, he simply stuck his tongue out with the food on it and an expression that said "TAKE THIS AWFUL SUBSTANCE OFF MY TONGUE - NOW!!!" I would chuckle and comply. However, today was a different story. I tried giving Jacob carrots (again) to see if he would like them. The carrots lasted a millisecond in his mouth before he forcefully spit them out. He launched them halfway across the highchair tray! Then, he proceeded to raspberry the rest of the carrots out of his mouth - making a wonderful mess.

Alright, Jacob. I get that you don't want carrots anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home