Five Months
Dear Jacob,
You turned 5 months old last Friday. We've been a little busy the past few days, which is why I'm late on your letter. You had a very busy last month with lots of new things learned and new people met.
The most exciting thing you learned last month was how to roll over from your tummy to your back. You did this once or twice in early November, but you were on a slanted surface and had a little help. However, this month you learned how to roll over completely on your own - on a flat surface even! You are working on rolling from you back to tummy, but you haven't quite learned how to get your arm out of the way to complete your roll. You and I like to spend lots of time playing on the floor to help you practice rolling over.

You also learned how to make raspberries with your mouth. You are constantly making the pbbbbb nosie. However, your lips don't always get int he right shape and you end up spitting all over the place! It is quite fun to watch. You have a great time doing that!

Your hand-eye-mouth coordination has dramatically improved this past month. Your arms are constantly moving, trying to grab hold of anything and everything to put into your mouth. Right now, nothing is safe from your grasp! I learned to be extra careful when I have you in the front carrier, because when I reach to grab something off a shelf or rack, chances are you too grabbed something too. More than once, you have managed to knock items off a shelf. I have to learn and evolve along with you!
This past month you met your Grandpa Gary and Beckie for the first time. They came to San Diego to meet you and spend Thanksgiving with the whole Walker Family. The very first time you saw your Grandpa, you gave him a huge smile - you won him over at first sight! We had a great visit with them - we went to Gordon Biersch to celebrate your Daddy's birthday, to Aunt Kim and Uncle John's for Thanksgiving with all your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins; and we spent a day in Julian. Of course, you slept through most of the festivities. Here you are all bundled up for our trip to Julian - it was VERY cold and windy there - sleeping in your stroller.

We also bought your first Christmas tree this month. It is actually the first Christmas tree that your Daddy and I have had at this house. You like to stare at the lights on the tree, and if you are close enough to reach, you try to eat the tree!

I love you!
Mami
You turned 5 months old last Friday. We've been a little busy the past few days, which is why I'm late on your letter. You had a very busy last month with lots of new things learned and new people met.

The most exciting thing you learned last month was how to roll over from your tummy to your back. You did this once or twice in early November, but you were on a slanted surface and had a little help. However, this month you learned how to roll over completely on your own - on a flat surface even! You are working on rolling from you back to tummy, but you haven't quite learned how to get your arm out of the way to complete your roll. You and I like to spend lots of time playing on the floor to help you practice rolling over.

You also learned how to make raspberries with your mouth. You are constantly making the pbbbbb nosie. However, your lips don't always get int he right shape and you end up spitting all over the place! It is quite fun to watch. You have a great time doing that!

Your hand-eye-mouth coordination has dramatically improved this past month. Your arms are constantly moving, trying to grab hold of anything and everything to put into your mouth. Right now, nothing is safe from your grasp! I learned to be extra careful when I have you in the front carrier, because when I reach to grab something off a shelf or rack, chances are you too grabbed something too. More than once, you have managed to knock items off a shelf. I have to learn and evolve along with you!
This past month you met your Grandpa Gary and Beckie for the first time. They came to San Diego to meet you and spend Thanksgiving with the whole Walker Family. The very first time you saw your Grandpa, you gave him a huge smile - you won him over at first sight! We had a great visit with them - we went to Gordon Biersch to celebrate your Daddy's birthday, to Aunt Kim and Uncle John's for Thanksgiving with all your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins; and we spent a day in Julian. Of course, you slept through most of the festivities. Here you are all bundled up for our trip to Julian - it was VERY cold and windy there - sleeping in your stroller.

We also bought your first Christmas tree this month. It is actually the first Christmas tree that your Daddy and I have had at this house. You like to stare at the lights on the tree, and if you are close enough to reach, you try to eat the tree!

I love you!
Mami

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home