Peanut Gallery

Thursday, June 04, 2009

He's taking some steps

Ethan started taking a few steps on his own about a week and a half ago! He is able to stand on his own for quite some time and has attempted to take some steps, but normally he just lunges into Ryan or me. However, he has taken a few steps between furniture, completely on his own! Who knows, he might be walking before we know it!!!

UPDATE: June 5
So, we thought Ethan was taking steps before, but the official date for his first steps is June 5. Before, Ethan was taking steps as he was lunging towards us. However, he has started to take controlled steps and is sometimes able to keep his balance after a few steps and keeps going.

I took the boys to the gym daycare on the morning of June 5 and the girls there asked me if Ethan started walking yet. I said "no, but he's really trying and he better not start while he's here!" Well, not even 5 minutes into my workout I get a page to go to the KidsClub. Unsure of what was awaiting me, I made my way down to check on my boys. Usually I am greeted with the sounds of Ethan wailing, but today the girls had huge grins on their faces. They excitedly exclaimed "Ethan started walking and we wanted you to be here!!" While Ethan was at they gym daycare, he decided to start taking controlled steps without lunging. He looked so cute! We are very excited for him. He's now up to 21 steps, but hasn't taken off quite yet.

Here's a little video from that night:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home