Peanut Gallery

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Tale of the Kidhauler

Once upon a time, not too far away, there was a lovely maiden who was being courted by a handsome knight. In their courtship, the young maiden vowed that she would NEVER drive a minivan. The young knight nodded his head, not really believing her claim.

The maiden and the knight finally got married and had two wonderful, rambunctious boys. Their life was great, except for when the family had to all squeeze into the black stallion sedan. Unfortunately, sometimes it was a very tight squeeze since sitting in between the two car seats was no fun for the mother of two.

One day, the knight finally decided to go buy a minivan, even thought the lady once said she would never drive one, it just made sense to have one. So, the family set out and behold, a minivan!!!

So, Ryan is all over the minivan - he loves it! I had my reservations about being a minivan mom, but after driving it a few times with the kids in tow, I was converted. I have embraced the fact that I am a minivan mom. I feel that I have now entered a special society of minivan drivers. We all have an understanding that even though others without one think they are lame, the cars are freaking awesome! Its got everything we could want, a backup camera with sensors, memory buttons for the driver's seat, built-in DVD, leather, automatic open doors and lift gate, sunroof, and a rockin' 11 speaker surround sound system!

Yes, I have most definitly converted to the mom-side of things. However, around here it is called a kidhauler, so no calling me a soccer mom yet!

3 Comments:

  • Oh, I used to say that too, and now I've had our Odyssey for three years and could not live without it. - Stephanie

    By Blogger ST, at 7/19/2010 9:28 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Betty Torres, at 8/15/2010 4:45 PM  

  • Oh, too funny! You are the 2nd person this week who gushed over becoming a mini-van owner. She's a mom of 2 young boys too. We just love our van! Have for 13 years! And when we mentioned possibly selling it, your abuelita said she wanted to buy it 'cause she loves having it for road trips. No worries Rebeca. It's staying in our garage a few more years. Welcome to the "other side."

    By Blogger Torres Travels, at 8/15/2010 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home